Being solitary is being alone well: being alone luxuriously immersed in doings of your own choice, aware of the fullness of your own presence rather than of the absence of others. Because solitude is an achievement.
I'm baaack...this has nothing to do with this post. I just read your profile. I love this line especially: I am never bored with my own company. I suppose it strikes a chord in me as I've always enjoyed time to myself..not just to be away from all the goings on of having grown up in a family with 6 brothers and a sister, and not having 6 of my own children...just spending time with me! It's neat to see someone else put that into writing!
I love your blog. I've been to your other one before and just came over here this evening. So glad I did! I'm your newest follower.
I am a proud Grammy, a mother, a sister, a wife and a friend. I am slowly drifting towards retirement and enjoy the small, quiet things in life. I read a lot, love antiqueing and thrifting, old black and white movies and studying my family history. I am never bored with my own company. As the old song says, "I Love Paris." It was always my dream to go there and I was able to travel there with my only daughter to celebrate our birthdays a few years ago. I may never get there again, but I will never forget it.
2 comments:
Beautiful quote!
I'm baaack...this has nothing to do with this post. I just read your profile. I love this line especially: I am never bored with my own company. I suppose it strikes a chord in me as I've always enjoyed time to myself..not just to be away from all the goings on of having grown up in a family with 6 brothers and a sister, and not having 6 of my own children...just spending time with me! It's neat to see someone else put that into writing!
I love your blog. I've been to your other one before and just came over here this evening. So glad I did! I'm your newest follower.
Blessings,
Nancy
Post a Comment